Monday, April 12, 2010

Bucketfuls of Blessings

This is sponsored content from BlogHer and KFC.



When my Mom died in July 2007, I had a choice to make. I could roll over and play dead, or I could get in gear and make a difference.

I chose the latter. I chose to keep walking in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure™. I chose to do everything in my power to help find a cure for breast cancer. Before I have a mammogram that comes back as "suspicious." Before my precious daughters are old enough to know what a mammogram is.

This Spring, I've had the opportunity to interact with an entire community of women who want to do just that -- they want to make a difference.

We are all bound by a common thread -- breast cancer. We've lost mothers, daughters, sisters and grandmothers. We've loved on the same as they went through treatment. And we are working toward a CURE, so that others won't have to live in fear of this disease.




The vast majority of us have never met -- but we are bound by that common thread. And even though we're scattered across much of the United States -- and several other countries -- we've used that common bond and the talents God has given us to do something remarkable. We're making pink quilts to raise funds for the 3-Day. To date, we've made 34 pink quilts.



As we share our talents and our stories, we can't help but talk about how our lives have been touched by breast cancer. Kathy is a two-time breast cancer survivor. Mindi lost her friend and mentor, Staci McAuley. Cissa lost her cousin Kathy. Rhonda is currently fighting this disease. Dolores' mother and mother-in-law are both survivors. Marsha nursed her sister Elva through treatment. Denna's quilt is dedicated to her Mom. The list goes on and on....


But you know what? It's a list of women who not only realize the need to find a CURE -- soon. It's a list of women who have hope and faith that will happen. Breast cancer has touched their lives, but it hasn't knocked them down.


Did you know that one in eight women in the U.S. will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime? Or that breast cancer is the leading cause of death among U.S. women ages 40-59? With statistics like those, even if breast cancer hasn't touched your life yet, chances are it will.


Finding a Cure won't come cheap. Our 3-Day team, Team Tiara, has raised $300,000 in the last four years -- and we're shooting for the $500,000 mark this year. What we've contributed is just a drop in the bucket, though. To date, Komen has invested nearly $1.5 billion in breast cancer research and community programs.



In 2009 alone, Komen made grants to more than 1,900 community organizations totaling more than $93 million. Those grants allowed more than 260,000 women to receive a potentially life-saving mammogram. Komen is making a difference.


And guess what? KFC is Joining the Cause with their Buckets for the Cure™ program. You'll find these special pink buckets at participating KFC restaurants throughout the U.S.




You know what's really cool?? The KFC Pink Buckets will feature the names of breast cancer survivors and those who have died. For every Pink Bucket, KFC makes a 50 cent contribution to Susan G. Komen for the Cure. The Pink buckets will be available in KFC restaurants through May 23rd.




I'm thinking this is going to raise a bucketful of money for the CURE, aren't you??? KFC thinks so, too. Their goal is to "Join the Cause" and make THE SINGLE LARGEST DONATION EVER in the fight against breast cancer.

I love it when people want to make a difference. And you know what else? I love Comment Love! How do you make a difference in the lives of others???


(Hint: You'd better answer! BlogHer will donate $1 for every comment on the KFC/ Komen blog posts -- up to $1000 for the entire program! Don't pass up this opportunity to make a difference! So on that note: How DO you make a difference??)



KFC website
BlogHer.com special offers page

392 comments:

  1. HOW AWESOME IS THIS!!!?? I love your quilt photos btw. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally need a pink bucket. These quilts are amazing! Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool D'Lyn, you can't go wrong with BlogHer or KFC helping out with the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great testimony. I am thankful for corporations such as KFC jumping in and providing support for the community. I am also walking in the DFW walk with "Team Tiara" for my mother.

    Personal Site:
    http://www.the3day.org/goto/aaroncorcoran

    What a wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It only makes sense that KFC would show some love for breasts!

    Keep on being amazing, D'Lyn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am in awe of your efforts. my mom has struggled with medical issues too, and i know it is a tough spot, especially with young kids. good luck with everything you do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks D'Lyn and KFC for keeping breasts on the brain. (Can't wait to bid on those quilts...I may need to buy some more beds)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love an extra excuse to eat some fried chicken!! Twist my arm.... HA!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is incredible!! Thanks for keeping us in the "know".

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keep up the great work D'Lyn! You are an inspiration to all of us who are just now being impacted by this disease. Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I guess if reading things like this still moves me to tears then I am not done fighting yet. Love you D'Lyn!

    ReplyDelete
  12. DLyn - I love the quilt photos!! Keep up the great work!!! You are making a difference in a LOT of people's lives. Very Proud of you!

    Kim Q

    ReplyDelete
  13. KFC and D'Lyn absolutely ROCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Inspiring post... beautiful quilts and photography. Thank you for all that you do!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Chicken on a bone is not for me, but in a pink bucket I would make an exception. Keep rockin' D'Lyn!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so awesome! Love the quilt pictures & the pink buckets at KFC.
    How do I make a difference? Nothing this big, just loving those around me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love KFC! I love the photos of all the quilts and of course the pink KFC bucket!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I want a pink bucket!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great job fighting for a cure for this terrible desease! Let's spread the word! My heart goes to all who suffer with the desease and all who lost dear ones!
    V. Dulaney

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super neat idea D'Lyn!! The pink buckets are so cute!! You are making a difference to so many people!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the pink bucket! The end of breast cancer is a fight worth fighting!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are an insperation and a reminder to never forget those who have gone before me in this precarious walk that is life!

    ReplyDelete
  23. D'Lyn, I can't wait to bid on a beautiful quilt. Let us know when. The pictures are wonderful and I think this journey rolls all your many, many talents into one big bucket of making a difference! Keep on! amanda

    ReplyDelete
  24. The quilts are just awesome and so is the pink bucket! But you are even greater an inspiration for all you do. You are one terrific warrior in a battle that will be won.
    Love ya,
    Uncle Lane & Aunt Dot

    ReplyDelete
  25. If I make a donation, can I have the cute puppy?
    Keep up the fight!

    ReplyDelete
  26. My wife's Mom also died of breast cancer. Linda gets checked every year. Thanks for the blog.

    Couisn Larry Wiggins.

    ReplyDelete
  27. The quilts are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm honored to have been beside you as you began this 3-Day journey. Keep walking, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am glad that I joined Team Tiara this year. It is all a new experience for me and I am still learning. I decided to walk in celebration of my Aunt Jo being a breast cancer survivor. Sadly, she left us in the last month. I have come in contact with many other women and men whose lives have been touched by breat cancer since I signed up. We need to find that cure! Thanks KFC for the support!

    ReplyDelete
  30. You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  31. The blankets are beautiful! We are touched by each family's heart of courage and faith!

    ReplyDelete
  32. So touching! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Jennifer ClevengerApril 12, 2010 at 7:54 PM

    This is a beautiful web-site! You have worked so hard for such a great cause!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  34. I LOVE your pictures! Mom's favorite would have been the one with the puppy! YOU ARE AMAZING!!! Love you!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  35. You and your team are amazing! What great things you are doing! And ya'll are so cute doing it. Beautiful blog, pretty pink quilts and KFC to boot! WOW! Blessings to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love the quilt photos AND your committment!

    ReplyDelete
  37. The quilts are wonderful and so was your mom. I love you and all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I laughed out loud at Princess Caroline's comment above.

    Craving some KFC and love those beautiful quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Doing the Chicken Dance with KFC and a Pink Bucket. What better way to train for the Susan G Komen 3 Day walk in Dallas. Been there. Done that and doing again for a Cure!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I am loving ya'll!!! Sherry, I'll bring my pink bucket to the 3-Day if you'll do the chicken dance with me on the stage! And Caroline, you win the prize for best comment so far!! Help spread the word! We need lots more comments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. What a great cause! I am leaving a comment on behalf of my cousin's wife who has just begun her battle against breast cancer, but she is already "kickin' some cancer as@*%!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. What a great story and cause. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  43. What a great reason to comment. I trained with my girlfriends who were in the 3-Day as part of your team, Tracye Lassus and Sharon Bills. We would walk the neighborhood circle over and over again, many nights. I helped with fundraising and getting donations for garage sales to benefit the 3-Day.

    ReplyDelete
  44. What a great blog - love the pink...if you could "smell" pink - this would definately be a scratch and sniff place to land. D'lyn - your journey is remarkable and YOU are definately making a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  45. You never cease to amaze me with your talents, your drive and dedication to the CURE! You are an inspiration to ALL women and I truly admire you! The quilts are beautiful just like YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  46. You rock, D'Lyn! Team Tiara is alive & thiving b/c of you, fearless leader! You go, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. You are a terrific, born leader. Your sweet mom is so very proud of you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  48. You are such an amazing person!!!! I am super excited to be part of Team Tiara!!!!! Alexia

    ReplyDelete
  49. Beautiful quilts. I so admire and appreciate this program as I am a brand new breast cancer survivor. God is awesome and gracious.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Way to go D'Lysh. You continue to inspire me.

    BH

    ReplyDelete
  51. Nice article, D'Lyn. As a cancer survivor, I appreciate when people like you work to help make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Great Blog and great work! YOU do make a difference! I lost my aunt to cancer and am praying everyday that the cure is near! God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  53. I may have to leave Popeye's for some of the KFC & a totally rockin' pink bucket! I wish I was a person for whom "quilt" was a verb, 'cuz I'd love to contribute. My quilt hopechest will have to suffice =). Keep on being awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Thank you for your energy and passion. You make every one of us proud to know you! Love ya girl!
    --Liz Evans

    ReplyDelete
  55. You do your mama proud! I am always amazed when people give so generously of their time and resources. Kuddos to D'lynn, Team Tiara all the quilt makers and KFC.
    --Angie

    ReplyDelete
  56. Such beautiful quilts. Keep up the great work. And, thanks KFC.

    ReplyDelete
  57. This is wonderful!!!

    Check out my website.

    PenniesMakeCents.org
    Changing lives one penny at a time. :)

    We donate to many charities, both local and global!!!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  58. Love the quilts - you guys are in my thoughts and prayers each day!!

    ReplyDelete
  59. D'Lyn, you know as a survivor I feel so blessed to be able to see what you are doing and I know how proud Sue would be. I love the quilts (and so would Granny). I feel like having KFC for supper now! Ann McDaniel

    ReplyDelete
  60. Awesome stuff D'Lyn! Thanks for including me in this message. :) Michelle Leonard

    ReplyDelete
  61. This is awesome! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Thank you for being such an inspiration, D'Lyn and for sharing this news with the rest of us. That's quite an amazing team working together to find a cure - quilters, walkers, companies, supporters - and we WILL find a cure! I've added KFC to my family's menu for this week thanks to their amazing support. Take care! -- Lori

    ReplyDelete
  63. KFC, here we come.. The quilts are beautiful and your comments are nothing less than inspiring!! Thank-you for what you are doing - for me and my girls.

    ReplyDelete
  64. I was was going to say something deep and meaningful, but then I saw the photo of the little puppy on the quilt, and I'm reduced to schmoopy puppy goo.

    Thank you for everything you're doing to find a CURE!

    ReplyDelete
  65. the quilts are beautiful. I am a cancer survivor (not breast cancer but uterine) and my mom has been breast cancer free for 4 years now. My mother in law and one of my aunts have also fought this disease and are now in remission. My oldest daughter and I have decided to walk in the 3day for the cure in Dallas in November. I want to do something that will help fight this horrible disease.
    We are so happy so many people have taken up the fight. Good luck to everyone and I hope this disease will be gone very soon.

    Melanie Willis

    ReplyDelete
  66. I know that with every step taken we are a little closer to taking breast cancer out.... I don't want my daughters (10 and 4) to go through the fight of a lifetime. Keep up the good work... My mom and I will see you in November

    ReplyDelete
  67. I walked the SF Komen 3day in 2008 with my aunt, and my dad and uncle crewed the event, in memory of my grandmother/their mother Edith. It was an amazing experience.

    I better start training again so I can eat more KFC!

    ReplyDelete
  68. Can't wait to walk my 3rd 3-Day with you this year D'Lyn!!! Love you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  69. D'lynn, You ROCK!!! Thanks for everything you are doing to find a cure!

    ReplyDelete
  70. Keep up the good work, gal. We are pulling for you out here in West Texas. Love, Other Mom

    ReplyDelete
  71. Way to go!! D'Lyn and Team Tiara,
    Lost my Dad to Cancer, so its close to my heart
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  72. Well -- I can't stand fried chicken that ain't my own, but by golly, I'll go buy a pink bucket anyway!

    Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  73. Love to see the support KFC is giving to Komen/3Day....maybe KFC can now stand for Kentucky for CURE!! I will be buying my pink bucket of chicken this weekend. Finger lickin good!!

    ReplyDelete
  74. I'm in love with the quilts...what talents you all have. I would love to have a quilt in memory of my Mother who passed away at the age of 42 in 1991. I was in my very wee twenties and it killed me. It takes growing into a woman to appreciate your mother and all she has done for you and taught you. I never got to say Thank you and I live with that regret everyday and even though its been 18 years I miss her everyday and not a single day passes that I don't think of her.
    Your wonderful for what your doing and the money you have raised is truly even more wonderful but the best thing is the awareness your puting out in the world.
    I'll be checking to see if my local KFC has pink buckets and purchasing one.
    I look forward to seeing more pictures of the quilts and will continue to envy (like God says not to do) the ones who are so talented and make these quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  75. This is my first time walking the 3 day and I am doing in honor of my Aunt who is a Breast Cancer survivor. After regeristering for the 3 day I started talking to co workers and found way to many people who have been effected on way or another. I think this campain is a good one and will go and get a pink bucket.

    ReplyDelete
  76. I'm a first-time walker and love your post. Keep up the fight. You are doing something amazing and making a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  77. What a wonderful mission you have for your life!

    ReplyDelete
  78. You are the definition of inspiration! Just having you for a friend makes my kite fly higher! What a servant! I know our moms are sitting on a quilt in a heavenly bluebonnet patch, peeking over the edge of the nearest cloud and and saying, "Now look what she's doing!" Love you lots!!!!
    KO

    ReplyDelete
  79. Seriously how do you do it? How do you make me cry every single time! I love love love the picture of the quilt on the beach, and in the bluebonnets and ... I could go on and on- Yay for pink buckets and let's Kick breast cancer in the Bucket - lol- umm My name is Kayren

    ReplyDelete
  80. The quilts are beautiful!! Here is to hoping we can find a cure for this horrible disease.
    Thank you for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  81. I THINK THIS IS AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  82. I have a feeling your mother would be proud!!

    ReplyDelete
  83. Thanks D'lynn and KFC! The quilts are beautiful and I'm currently in the progress of making a pink angel quilt to use as a raffle/auction fundraiser for the next 2010 Team Tiara Walk. My Mom was a breast cancer survivor and I currently have three friends who have survived or are currently undergoing treatment. Hopefully all these funds will help them and everyone else who has been affected.

    ReplyDelete
  84. Michelle D., thanks for posting on FB. You ladies keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  85. D'Lyn

    Thank for all that you do to supoort a great cause!!!

    ReplyDelete
  86. WTG & a Big THANK YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  87. Thank you for all you do! It touches my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  88. The nature settings for the quilts only makes the flowers and the quilts that much more beautiful. Great blog, D'Lyn. Team Tiara is AWESOME!! Thank you for honoring Cocotte (my mom and Michelle D's grandmother)and everyone else affected by this dreadful disease in such a special way.

    ReplyDelete
  89. Good for you! You are doing a wonderful thing! Glad to help in any way! I hope to see you on the trail someday! I supported Team in Training for an event and it was awesome! I am so inspired by you and all those around you! All the best!! Christy Fulks

    ReplyDelete
  90. Keep up the great work Team Tiara! And, how cool is the KFC pink bucket campaign. You've got my support.

    ReplyDelete
  91. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  92. Put my name on a $1! Awesome cause!!!

    ReplyDelete
  93. We need everyone's help on this! Thank you for your time.

    ReplyDelete
  94. Your posts are always an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  95. Love that pink bucket of KFC! Let's all get together and fight this dreadful disease!

    ReplyDelete
  96. cathie.knight@att.netApril 14, 2010 at 6:32 PM

    Dlyn, you and your walkers are awesome. Keep it up. Soon we will win... NO more breast cancer..

    ReplyDelete
  97. The quilts are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  98. Really like how you are raising awareness for breast cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  99. Glad I can comment here. The idea of having to go to KFC and choose between obesity and cancer was quite the Spohie's Choice.

    ReplyDelete
  100. I'm excited to be doing my first 3-day walk this Fall. We will be dining on a pink bucket for dinner this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  101. I love you! This post is great, the pictures are great now I want some chicken.
    You rock

    ReplyDelete
  102. This is awesome! I also love the new KFC commercials. I don't typically eat there, but I'm thinking about what big event I can cater with chicken! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  103. Awsome KFC and way to go D'Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  104. Thank you for being committed to such a great cause. I also think that KFC is doing something wonderful and hope that other "fast food" chains join the fight. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  105. It is awesome what you and KFC are doing to beat this disease.

    ReplyDelete
  106. What a great thing that KFC is doing here! Breast cancer has touched so many of us in so many ways. Thank you all for taking a stand! See ya' at the 3-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  107. More pink...but great for the cause!

    ReplyDelete
  108. Great cause, D'Lyn - Save Our Boobies...Jeri

    ReplyDelete
  109. Germany is pink as well

    ReplyDelete
  110. Good luck with your fundraising!! I'm an eight time walker with my team Chicks Kickin' Asphalt here in San Diego. Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  111. Sorry it took me a bit to get on here and comment. I'm more amazed all the time by all you accomplish-especially with the 3-day. You make me proud to be your sister in law. You are such an amazing woman, s-i-l, and friend. I love you! Amber

    ReplyDelete
  112. Beautiful quilts...and I love the pink buckets!

    ReplyDelete
  113. Thank you for stopping by my blog.

    I lost my mom two years ago to ALS and I miss her tremendously.

    How do I make a difference?
    By standing for Christ in all situations and sharing the Good News. I love faithfully and live obediently.

    ReplyDelete
  114. Go Tarheels - play pink

    ReplyDelete
  115. D'Lyn, You are AMAZING, and I know your mother is looking down and SO PROUD of you! Thanks for making a difference in not only this community, but the whole world with Team Tiara! You ROCK!:)

    ReplyDelete
  116. I think every person who's ever fought breast cancer would be so proud of all that Team Tiara has done and is doing for the fight. I want to see the cure for breast cancer happen in my lifetime! D'Lyn, you're super inspiring. Keep it up girl!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  117. The quilt picture with the metal cut out of Texas and the road in the background is so beautifully artsy! And I really love that sweet little puppy. Can't choose a favorite! Looking forward to seeing all of the pictures completed in the calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  118. And btw: I make a difference by being a part of the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure. I talk about my personal story with Staci & others, I raise money, and I walk. I try to recruit my friends, I raise awareness, and I check my joombalies! It's fun stuff! But really, breast cancer BREAKS MY HEART... so how could I NOT do all I could to fight for a CURE? DIE BREAST CANCER DIE!!! (end rant.) :) Love you ALL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  119. This makes me hungry for some chicken! Way to go. Beautiful quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  120. I just got a Pink Bucket yesterday!
    It's really Awesome what your doing!
    Save the TaTa's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  121. I'm sure all those touched by breast cancer sincerely appreciate all of your efforts!!

    ReplyDelete
  122. I walk, baby! Walking my third 3day in DC this year.
    Good luck to you! High fives for BlogHer for donating too...I get to got to the BlogHer conference this year! Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  123. Your testimony is AWESOME !!! Keep walking.

    ReplyDelete
  124. Those quilts rock! YOU rock! You and your team made my day. Keep on with it girl, and thanks to BlogHer for the donations!

    ReplyDelete
  125. This is wonderful! I really hope people will read this and comment! The quilts are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  126. beautiful page! Makes me crave chicken now!

    ReplyDelete
  127. Yummm. I get KFC once a year, maybe this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  128. Hi Cousin D'Lyn!
    Reposted your facebook link to your blog.
    Hope you get a thousand comment soon!

    I smile at people and show genuine interest.
    I think it makes a difference because people need to feel valued.

    ReplyDelete
  129. Cancer sucks!
    The quilts are beautiful!
    Love ya, girlie!
    Come on $1000!!!

    ReplyDelete
  130. Mary P.

    Hope you raise the whole $1000.00. I am a breast cancer survivor (mastectomy after DCIS). I had absolutely no family history. Thank God for mamograms, all women should have them.

    ReplyDelete
  131. Buy a bucket, save the cans. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  132. Quilting is truly a work of and these are masterpieces if I've ever seen one! What a noble cause and purpose - keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  133. This is awesome! I'll link it to my blog and share on Facebook, too!

    ReplyDelete
  134. Your quilts are so beautiful! Here's to making a difference!!

    ReplyDelete
  135. Love the quilts! Good luck on your walk!

    ReplyDelete
  136. Keep up the great work D'Lyn! You do an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  137. ok I am leaving a comment

    ReplyDelete
  138. You are one seriously feisty chic!

    ReplyDelete
  139. God Bless you and the quilts are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  140. Dude.... You haven't even begun to see feisty. If we don't get to 1,000 soon, I'm going to have to resort to extreme measures. Not sure what those are, but you'll know it when you see it!!!

    HUGE thanks to all who have posted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  141. This is wonderful! Good luck on your walk and the quilts are awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  142. My wife is going through chemo right now, I'm so glad to see folks out there trying to make a difference. It makes me stronger!

    Ed Bredemeyer

    ReplyDelete
  143. Our family will have to make this one of our twice yearly KFC allowances. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  144. I lost my aunt in October 2008 -- Thanks for working on fighting this ugly disease!

    Crissy Hoffmann
    New Braunfels, TX

    ReplyDelete
  145. Sorry I missed this the other day-been a crazy week! I am "walking" for survivors such as my mom, aunt, coworkers, dear friend, in memory of my grandmother a long-living survivor, and sadly, for two beautiful women who lost their battles this year-Trudy and Vickie!

    ReplyDelete
  146. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  147. Hurray! Another excuse not to cook dinner this week! Thanks for this post,D'Lyn and next time you see Jessica, make sure you kiss her. Got here from her facebook post.

    ReplyDelete
  148. My sis beat breast cancer -- but my Sis in law did not.

    I have joined "the sister study" -- they are hoping to find some answers to breast cancer's causes.

    ReplyDelete
  149. This is awesome! And as I've mentioned before, I'm in LOOOOOVE with those quilts....
    Heather
    DC first time walker this year!

    ReplyDelete
  150. Thank you for sharing your story. The quilts are beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  151. Prayers to all who have suffered a loss from this horrid disease and prayers to all who are right now fighting the battle. PEACE and Luv!!!

    ReplyDelete
  152. Thank you for sharing your story. The quilts are fantastic. Thanks for working to find the cure--we need it NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  153. This Seattle Street Walker hopes you get to $1000!!!

    ReplyDelete
  154. I am so glad to be a part of Team Tiara, and all of the good it does!!!

    ReplyDelete
  155. Glad to see KFC getting involved in such a great cause! I hope this paves the way for other corporations and large companies.

    ReplyDelete
  156. Keep up the great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  157. You rock D'Lyn, we love and miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
  158. Glad to be on the team! Today marks 1 year since I lost my friend Mary...it wasn't breast cancer...but, if they find a cure for one they can find a cure for all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  159. Thanks for all you do D'Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  160. D'Lyn...you amaze me with all your hard work and dedication to the cause!!!

    I walked the Susan G.Komen walk last year in honor of a friend of mine that is a survivor and will do so again this year!

    ReplyDelete
  161. Here's one more for you D'Lyn! Just doing my part to get you to 1000!

    ReplyDelete
  162. D'Lyn--You rock! Team Tiara is doing amazing things

    ReplyDelete
  163. Prayers to you and your family.
    Michele S.

    ReplyDelete
  164. Thank you D'Lyn for all you do to support this important cause... And, I am continually amazed by how many synonyms you come up with for the word "breast" :) Keep the faith, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  165. Going for a pink bucket today - thanks, KFC and thanks, D'Lyn. Love ya, Dot

    ReplyDelete
  166. You are AWESOME. An inspiration. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  167. Keep it up! Lovin all the pink!!

    ReplyDelete
  168. Everything is better in pink! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  169. Hooray for pink! Boo for cancer! Keep doing your thing DB!

    ReplyDelete
  170. I'm soo excited about the walk this year and so proud to be part of Team Tiara!

    ReplyDelete
  171. Awesome! The blog looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  172. So happy to support a cause that has touched at least two people I know!

    ReplyDelete
  173. Save your BOOBIES!!!! Watch your kids become parents!!!

    ReplyDelete
  174. I'm active in my church food pantry. Many people who come thru the pantry are not homeless or from the inner city. Most have just lost their jobs and don't qualify for aid and just need a little help for a month or so til they get a new job or their situation changes.

    ReplyDelete
  175. from a fellow walker, thanks for writing this!

    ReplyDelete
  176. Finally saw the pink bucket campaign on the BOOB-tube! LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment -- save a life!!! BlogHer will donate $1 per comment up to $1000 in this campaign!!!

Seriously, my ego can't take much more of this love-fest.

How do YOU make a difference???

P.S. In the words of my Uncle Don, "Be Sweet."